Wednesday 27 November 2013

It’s nothing personal’: Why I decamped to the APC – Rotimi Amaechi explains his defection on Twitter (READ)

Speaking to journalists at the  Port Harcourt International Airport,  the governor of Rivers state, Rotimi Amaechi revealed that he defected to the  All Progressives Congress (APC) to protect the  overall interest to protect Rivers people.
Gov. Amaechi who is also the chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum, arrived from Abuja on Tuesday, after it was announced that six of the G-7 governors including him had officially left the People’s Democratic Party and embraced the opposition party
Gov. Amaechi said: “Rivers State must know that for me to have taken that decision, I had looked at the general interests of Rivers people. I was not elected to lead Nigeria, I was elected to lead Rivers State and I had looked at the interests of Rivers people and have seen that these interests were not protected in PDP. I have seen the fact that we are losing our oil wells in Etche, in the Kalabari areas and that the more they continue to pilfer these oil wells, the more we will continue to lose our wealth”.
In his tweets, Amaechi said he still holds the president in high esteem and has no personal quarrel with him despite his moving to another party.
Read Gov. Amaechi’s tweets:






No comments:

Post a Comment